All people all over the world constantly use the word money in their speech. Moreover today our life is nothing without money. Every day people spend money and everyone knows and understands the meaning of this word. However, not everyone understands why people use it.
Such word-combination as money market has become very popular today. In finance, the money market means the global financial market for short-term borrowing and lending.
The purpose of this abstract is to study the global money market. To achieve this purpose it is necessary to examine the following problems:
the financial institutions;
borrowing and lending in money market.
1. A bank as the main financial institution
2. The money market in the modern world
1) Frank J. Fabozzi, Steven V. Mann, Moorad Choudhry. The Global Money Markets. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2002
2) Siklos, Pierre (2001). Money, Banking, and Financial Institutions: Canada in the Global Environment. Toronto: McGraw-Hill Ryerson. p. 40. ISBN 0-07-087158-2.
3) Sullivan, arthur; Steven M. Sheffrin (2003). Economics: Principles in action. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458: Pearson Prentice Hall. pp. 250.